Meet AIESEC SFU’s intern, Andrey from Russia!
1. Where were you born? Where did you grow up?
I was born in St-Petersburg. Which is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It is called North Venice due to a lot of rivers and channels. I grew up in Peterhof, which is the suburb of St-Petersburg. Peterhof is well known due to its beautiful fountains and parks. Peterhof was Russian czar’s residence. It is very beautiful place.
2. Which university did you attend, and what is your major? Why did you decide to choose that major?
I have been graduated from International Banking Institute in 2006. My major was Management and Marketing. Management and Marketing are the cores of the business, thats why I chose them. I want to work in business and to make a business.
3. Which LC did you belong to in Russia? What was your role?
I belonged to St-Petersburg LC- AIESEC ENGEC GUAP in 2004-2005. I was corporate relations manager.
4. Before your decision to work with Career Services, what job did you have in Russia? What were your duties?
I was Associate Brand Manager in Procter and Gamble for 3 years. I was responsible for Oral-B and Gillette brands promotion and shipments. I launched new products, prepared and conducted all communications, analyzed trends and proposed strategies.
5. What countries and places have you travelled to? Which place is your favourite?
I have travelled a lot in Russia and Ukraine due to work and personal reasons. I was in Switzerland, Germany, France, England, Montenegro and some other places. My favourite city is London, also I like Paris a lot.
6. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, youngest or middle child?
I have 4 brothers and I am the oldest one.
7. What made you decide to work and live in Canada?
Canadians! I love them for their openness and kind. Moreover I am interesting in social, political and economical system in Canada. I think it can be a good model for Russia.
8. What is your favourite type of food?
I like sea food a lot (Sushi). Also I am fond of perogi 🙂
9. What activities do you like to do during your free time? Do you have any hobbies?
I have several hobbies. I am interesting in Russian history. Also I like watching movies and I am a big fan of soccer. I like swimming. In Canada I would like to: 1. find some eastern gymnastics to make special exercises; 2. to take swimming lessons; 3. to learn Canadian history.
10. What are you most looking forward to during your internship with Career Services?
First of all I want to make a WOW project during my internship in Career Cervices. Secondly I want to build up very good relationships with all my colleagues and partners.